Bassetlaw Commissioning Organisation - What We Do
Bassetlaw Commissioning Organisation (BCO) and NHS Bassetlaw (NHSB) have committed to work together to deliver the principles and objectives enshrined in the White Paper “Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS” and its supporting consultation documents. By making this commitment, we have agreed to the following principles and aspirations.
Our Mission Statement is a written description of what we want to achieve for the people of Bassetlaw. It acts as a point of focus to ensure we work towards a common goal and allows us to measure our performance and progress against what we want to achieve. Our Mission Statement is:-
To ensure that the people of Bassetlaw have equitable access to local, world class and cost-effective health care and well-being services which meet their assessed health needs .
BCO’s vision is an articulation of what we will look like as an organisation in order to deliver our Mission Statement. This vision demonstrates the contribution of BCO working with NHSB, through the role set for consortia in the white paper to the overarching vision of NHS Bassetlaw; Improving the Quality and Length of Life for the People of Bassetlaw
Our Vision is a description of what we aspire to be and how we aspire to behave. Our Vision is:-
BCO is a clinically led organisation which will effectively and efficiently commission the health services that are needed by the population of Bassetlaw. In order to achieve this it will:
· Stay focused on the needs of the local population by remaining independent but collaborating with others wherever it is beneficial to do so.
· Focus wherever possible on the promotion of good health rather than treating bad health.
· Measure what it achieves by the outcomes for patients
· Have robust governance mechanisms which means things are done properly and decisions are made transparently
· Ensure that all members of BCO including clinical and non-clinical staff are properly recruited and trained for the job they need to do
· Ensure that excellent two way communication means that views of BCO members, other professionals, patients and the public are taken into consideration in every thing we do.
· Develop a reputation for innovative and effective change.
· Meet all the legislative and regulatory requirements of a statutory organisation by April 2012.
Bassetlaw Commissioning Website address: